Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The beginnering

Ahoy and avast ladies and gentlefolk. The name is Kevin (Piece-a-carp to those who know more) and I have with me something most magical and/or hilarious. What I have with me is something that is far more financially available than you might think. That thing (or those things) is (and are) Coloring Books.

Now, you might be wondering to yourself, "Coloring Books? What is this kid, 5?". Let me explain... The truth is this: One year our family was taking a trip to Island Park, Idaho like we ALWAYS did for the summer (serious... EVERY YEAR) and we stopped in some podunk-nowehere-in-the-freaking-world town in Idaho (Probably named Cleetus or something) and we stopped at some Dollar Tree knock off place and my mom decided to grab a coloring book - The Hulk to be specific. So we went our way and began to actually color the dang thing. It wasn;t long before we realized that this was far less than the book had to offer. Hidden under the mammoth man's heaving muscular structure were amazing pictures of the Hulk in awkward positions, perfectly alterable scenes and joyous enjoyment of the entire family.

Now fast forward 5 years.

I, Kevin, go on my mission and decide that this tradition (as there were more books to follow) need not end because I was in Florida (we're from Oregon). The books began to be altered and the hilarity ensued. The books became legend amongst the Floridian missionaries and the tradition blossomed.

Now why do I tell you this?

Because I have decided that they are not for my eyes alone, nor for simply the 200+ people that saw them in Florida. They are for the World! With that, I present for you, the viewing public, "Ulterior Motives: The secret lives of Coloring books" steaming fresh from the blessedly askew mind of Kevin Tanner Orme, the coloring book sassmaster.

Rock it on!

Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I think it was actually Baker City we stopped in, not that it matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gonna be off the hizzy. fo shizzy.

    ReplyDelete